In this article, we’ll explain how our Support team can assist you with your Managed WordPress sites and a few limitations that apply.
Kinsta Has You Covered
Our Support team is always happy to assist you with any of the following issues:
- Problems encountered while trying to use features of our platform, such as:
- Investigation of server error messages.
- Issues with outgoing transactional email.
- Migration of your site(s) to Kinsta. If our team is handling your migration, we’ll take care of the heavy lifting for you. If you’re migrating your own WordPress site, our Support team is always happy to help with basic migration questions but cannot assist with failed migrations after the fact.
- Investigation of duplicatable performance issues to rule out server or platform configuration as the cause of the issue. If it is determined server or platform configuration is not the cause of the issue, we recommend using Kinsta’s APM tool to aid in identifying performance bottlenecks in your code so that you can work with a developer to address these development issues that fall outside our scope of support.
You Will Still Need a Developer
Kinsta provides a hosting platform optimized for WordPress and the tools you need to manage and run your website. However, we don’t take over development responsibilities for our clients. For this reason, there are a few things that fall out of scope for our Support team, such as:
- Changes to the appearance of your website.
- Changes to the content of your website.
- Changes to the functionality of your site’s theme and plugins.
- Optimization of your website for improved performance in search results (SEO services).
- Optimization of your website for improved performance on website speed tests such as Google PageSpeed Insights or GT Metrix.
- Code audits.
- Any code editing. We’re happy to help you identify a PHP file generating a fatal error and disable the problematic plugin or theme to get your site back online, but fixing the code to resolve the error is up to the developer of that specific plugin or theme.
- Migrating your site away from Kinsta to another host.
Do You Update WordPress Core, Themes, or Plugins?
We don’t provide updates for WordPress core, themes, or plugins. This is due to the fact that sometimes developers push out bad updates. We always recommend taking a backup before you perform updates on your site. This way, you can easily roll back with a single click if there is an issue. You can then reach out to the plugin or theme developer for a fix. We, of course, are happy to help investigate server error messages should they arise from a bad update.
If you need the assistance of a developer, there are a number of places where you can find qualified WordPress developers.
Other Frameworks and Non-WordPress Software
Our Managed WordPress Hosting plans are optimized for WordPress. While we will allow you to set up a simple non-WordPress PHP script alongside your WordPress site, we do not provide any support for non-WordPress scripts and applications.
If you need a hosting solution for your application or a database separate from our Managed WordPress Hosting, check out our Application Hosting and Database Hosting. Note: Our scope of support for Application Hosting and Database Hosting is separate from our Managed WordPress scope of support.
We also offer installation of a limited number of custom server packages such as Redis (additional fees apply). Our support for these packages is limited to installation only. Clients who request installation of these packages are responsible for integrating these packages with their WordPress websites by way of plugins or custom development work.
Feedback and Testing Opportunities
Kinsta occasionally offers opportunities to test and provide feedback on new features and products. Due to the nature of beta tests, investigation and communication via email may take place across several weekdays. As a reminder, beta features should be used with caution and are not intended for production use.